The employee will be performing various job duties including but not limited to following:
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, charts and tables or study sample parts to determine machining operation to be performed and plan best sequence of operations.
- Set up, operate and maintain a variety of machine tools including computer numerically controlled (CNC) tools to perform precision, non-repetitive machining operations such as turning, milling, planning, drilling, precision grinding and other operations.
- 2D and 3D programming at the machine center may require. Programming would be expected while the machine center is running along with capability of editing and improving cutter paths generated by programming department in order to improve efficiencies.
- Compute dimensions and tolerances and measure and lay out work pieces into machines.
- Verify dimensions of machined parts and products using micrometers, verniers, callipers, height gauges, optical comparators, co-ordinate measuring machines (CMM) or other precision measuring instruments for accuracy and conformance to specifications.
- Document and report deviations from specifications and tolerances.
- Fit and assemble machined metal parts and subassemblies using hand and power tools.
- May required to operate more than one machine at a time depending on work cell and production runs.
- May set up and program machine tools for use by machining tool operators.
- Maintain, repair and calibrate precision measuring instruments such as dial indicators, fixed gauges, height gauges and other measuring devices.
- Convey any machine or operational issues on day-to-day basis to ensure machine runs properly and procedures are followed accordingly.
- Work in a team environment and assist junior machinists or apprentices.
- Working in a high precision environment and contributing to maintaining the specification of design and quality.
- Work with established TGM standards and practices.
- Complete work that you are responsible for in a timely and productive manner.
- Perform other duties assigned by supervisor/manager when required.
- Permanent, full-time position.
- Salary range: Depends on experience
- Working hours: 40 hours of work per week plus overtime availability.
- Benefits: Extended health care, dental, RRSP, long term disability insurance and Profit sharing.
- Great environment with professional individual approach and friendly atmosphere.
- Completion of High School or College diploma is required
- Minimum 2-5 years of CNC machining experience is required (milling or lathe).
- Experience in setting up and operating 3, 4 or 5 axis CNC mills or lathes is required.
- Machinist with 5 Axis machining experience is preferred.
- Mechanical ability and understanding of engineering principles.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently.
- Ability to lift upto 40 pounds.
- Availability to work different shifts and weekends when required.
Job Category: CNC Machinist
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Top Grade Molds