The employee will be performing various job duties including but not limited to following:
- Hand polish, benching and sand blasting precision injection mold components to achieve required surface finishes.
- Work with powered spinners (like a Dremel Tool), attached to various metal working materials (stones and abrasives).
- Measure the completed parts using metrology and CMM, so that the features they polish do not fall out of specification.
- Setting-up, editing and operating CNC surfacing equipment such as CNC Micro-Blast, Hone & Laser.
- Read and interpret basic blueprint, understand GD&T symbols and CAD drawings
- Assembling and disassembling molds in the testing machine (when required)
- Working in a high precision environment and contributing to maintaining the specifications of design.
- Work in a team environment.
- Work with established TGM standards and practices.
- Complete work that you are responsible for in a timely and productive manner.
- Perform other duties assigned by supervisor/manager when required.
- Permanent, full-time position.
- Salary range: Depends on experience
- Working hours: 40 hours of work per week plus overtime availability.
- Benefits: Extended health care, dental, RRSP, long term disability insurance and Profit sharing.
- Great environment with professional individual approach and friendly atmosphere.
- Completion of high school or GED diploma and/or combination of education and equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 2-3 years of Industrial polishing experience.
- Experience with Mold polishing is preferred.
- Experience with polishing and stoning machines an asset
- Ability to perform manual polishing.
- Inspection Experience and Tight tolerance experience is an asset.
- Mechanical ability and understanding of engineering principles.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently.
- Availability to work different shifts and weekends when required.
Job Category: Mold Polisher
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Top Grade Molds - TG Tech Center